You will need to be 18 years of age or older to become certified. You will need to feel comfortable agreeing to the rules and oath (listed below) in order to gain your certification.
If you are completing the online certification you will need internet access, a pdf reader like Adobe, access to watch videos on YouTube, people you trust to practice with, and a least 5 people who you are comfortable completing trial consultations/sessions with who will be willing to fill out a survey about their experience so we can determine if you have achieved the necessary skill set and comfort level with one on one sessions.
If you are traveling to Portland for hands on training you will need to be able to obtain travel, accommodations, food, and any other associated needs and wants, financially and otherwise, outside of the cost of training.
You will need to have the drive and compassion to work hard to take care of yourself, have clear boundaries, be comfortable openly communicating what’s appropriate for you with your clients, be comfortable with friends, family, and the general public knowing that you offer this service, and be willing to put in the time, effort, and energy needed to be a true professional. We expect a lot out of our professionals. This cannot be just a way to make money. It won’t be worth it. It needs to be something you are driven to do because it matters.
Believe it or not, you are about to become a leader in this industry. These rules were designed by myself and a team of experts to make sure you are safe, can truly help your clients, and have a thriving cuddle business that’s a positive part of your community. That means setting clear expectations and standards of what this service is and isn’t so platonic cuddling can go mainstream. The Rules and Oath below are the first steps in ensuring we are all on the same page. Read through, ask any questions you have, and when you’re ready we will be here to guide you through getting started.
What are the rules Certified Cuddlers agree to by signing up for certification?
- You must be 18 years of age or older to become certified.
- You agree to follow all Professional Cuddler rules, website rules, the provided oath, as well as use supplied waivers and contracts with every client.
- The only reasons you are able to turn down a client is if they do not qualify based on the requirements in the site & rules, or if you feel a romantic connection to them that you would have potential interest in exploring. This means you must be willing to take any appropriate client who is 18 and over regardless of gender, race, age, sexual preference, and so on. All must be welcome.
- No touching of swimsuit/underwear areas with hands on either party involved in a session is ever allowed.
- No sexual acts or sexual intention of any kind is permitted in a client interaction.
- No tips may be accepted. You are allowed to include the cost of gratuity in your pricing though.
- No gifts of monetary value over $25 USD may be accepted, and are frowned upon overall.
- No sexual/adult services may be offered in the same location as this service or in conjunction with this service.
- You must be sober for all working hours besides doctor prescribed medication being used as directed.
- Dating clients is prohibited. If you decide to pursue a relationship with someone who has completed a session, they will no longer be able to see you in a professional manner. They will not be eligible to become a client of yours again for a minimum of 90 days after your last personal interaction.
- No undergarments may be exposed and no see through clothing or lingerie is allowed by any parties involved
- A minimum of a tank top and workout shorts that go below your fingertips for sessions are required for both parties.
- All parties will remain fully clothed at all times.
- Photographs used in connection with Certified Cuddlers and cuddling services must accurately depict what you look like currently, must not show any undergarments or lingerie, including bra straps, and may not be sexually provocative. Please keep photos tasteful and professional.
- A minimum of a phone or video chat consultation with signed paperwork and a copy of a valid state or government issued ID is required prior to a first session starting with any new client. We highly recommend you first meet each client in a public place for a consultation prior to beginning your first session for safety.
- Sessions may not be completed in mobile locations for safety purposes. (ie: vehicles, boats or planes)
- If you use audio or video recording of your client, you must have their written permission prior to beginning the recording.
- No advertising on Craigslist, Backpage, or similar sites.
- Certified Cuddlers does not collect any portion of sales from any certified individual, but to ensure safety you agree to collect funds prior to starting or extending every session. Certified Cuddlers holds no liability for unpaid sessions or collecting funds for sessions.
- Any information obtained through the training course is considered proprietary and is not to be shared with anyone who is not a client. If we discover the information has been shared, you agree to pay a fee of $5,000.00, your certification will be revoked, and you will be banned from using the service again.
- While Certified Cuddlers provides information on how to conduct a professional cuddling service, it is up to each Certified Cuddler to run their own business including but not limited to: determining legalities of service where offered, registering your business, record keeping, taxes, setting prices and collecting payments, data storage/protection, marketing, and obtaining insurance if required.
Here is the professional oath all Certified Cuddlers agree to:
As a Certified Cuddler:
- I will use touch based on platonic intention only in all professional interactions.
- I will not allow gender, religion, nationality, race, disability, sexual preference or any other biases to dictate acceptance of clients.
- I will abide by all rules set forth in the certification manual
- I will respect the integrity of the persons with whom I work, holding them in the strictest of confidences.
- I will act with utmost integrity and work in an ethical manner.
- I will, to the best of my ability, not permit shame, judgement or guilt in my interactions.
- I will leave my personal life at home and commit to being present and mindful with each person.
- I will obey and uphold local and international laws in all business activities.
- I will refrain from any business conduct that would reflect adversely upon the best interest of CertfiedCuddlers.com and its ethical standards of practice.
- I understand and will uphold, both in letter and in spirit, the rules and guidelines governing my own conduct and that of my service.