Are you ready to become a Professional Cuddler? We are so excited for you to work with us as we create the industry standard and show everyone why Certified Cuddlers will change the world. Read through all of the information below, and when you’ve confirmed that you meet all the requirements, sign up at the bottom of the page. We’ll send you a welcome email to get you started!
Here’s what you need to know:
Cost: $299.00 USD plus $49 annual renewal to remain certified
*If you have read through the details and are ready to commit please click the “Buy Now” button to continue!
What does the Online Certification include?
- Video instruction of 12 popular cuddle poses and how to maintain proper boundaries in each
- A pdf manual that will cover the basics of:
- Business practices and client forms
- Safety/security guidelines
- Consultation guidelines
- Guidelines for running sessions
- Emergency instruction
- Self care
- 5 trial sessions with people you trust and a survey from each to confirm standards are met
- A quiz to ensure you have learned all required material
- A bronze level certification and a one year basic listing on certifiedcuddlers.com
What are the requirements to sign up?
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You agree to follow all of the rules and oath set forth on certifiedcuddlers.com (listed below)
- You have internet access, software to read pdf’s (like Adobe), and can access YouTube
- You have someone to practice with whom you trust and feel safe with
- You have at least 5 people you trust and feel safe with who will complete training sessions and who are willing to complete an online survey about their experience
- You will not be breaking any laws by offering a platonic touch service
- Financial gain is not the only reason you are seeking to become a professional. By completing this program, you agree that you can and will offer sessions with compassion, non-judgment and acceptance of all humans.
What are the rules Certified Cuddlers agree to by signing up for certification?
- You must be 18 years of age or older to become certified.
- You agree to follow all Professional Cuddler rules, website rules, the provided oath, as well as use supplied waivers and contracts with every client.
- The only reasons you are able to turn down a client is if they do not qualify based on the requirements in the site & rules, or if you feel a romantic connection to them that you would have potential interest in exploring. This means you must be willing to take any appropriate client who is 18 and over regardless of gender, race, age, sexual preference, and so on. All must be welcome.
- No touching of swimsuit/underwear areas with hands on either party involved in a session is ever allowed.
- No sexual acts or sexual intention of any kind is permitted in a client interaction.
- No tips may be accepted. You are allowed to include the cost of gratuity in your pricing though.
- No gifts of monetary value over $25 USD may be accepted, and are frowned upon overall.
- No sexual/adult services may be offered in the same location as this service or in conjunction with this service.
- You must be sober for all working hours besides doctor prescribed medication being used as directed.
- Dating clients is prohibited. If you decide to pursue a relationship with someone who has completed a session, they will no longer be able to see you in a professional manner. They will not be eligible to become a client of yours again for a minimum of 90 days after your last personal interaction.
- No undergarments may be exposed and no see through clothing or lingerie is allowed by any parties involved
- A minimum of a tank top and workout shorts that go below your fingertips for sessions are required for both parties.
- All parties will remain fully clothed at all times.
- Photographs used in connection with Certified Cuddlers and cuddling services must accurately depict what you look like currently, must not show any undergarments or lingerie, including bra straps, and may not be sexually provocative. Please keep photos tasteful and professional.
- A minimum of a phone or video chat consultation with signed paperwork and a copy of a valid state or government issued ID is required prior to a first session starting with any new client. We highly recommend you first meet each client in a public place for a consultation prior to beginning your first session for safety.
- Sessions may not be completed in mobile locations for safety purposes. (ie: vehicles, boats or planes)
- If you use audio or video recording of your client, you must have their written permission prior to beginning the recording.
- No advertising on Craigslist or Backpage, or similar sites.
- Certified Cuddlers does not collect any portion of sales from any certified individual, but to ensure safety you agree to collect funds prior to starting or extending every session. Certified Cuddlers holds no liability for unpaid sessions or collecting funds for sessions.
- Any information obtained through the training course is considered proprietary and is not to be shared with anyone who is not a client. If we discover the information has been shared, you agree to pay a fee of $5,000.00 and will be banned from using the service again.
- While Certified Cuddlers provides information on how to conduct a professional cuddling service, it is up to each Certified Cuddler to run their own business including but not limited to: determining legalities of service where offered, registering your business, record keeping, taxes, setting prices and collecting payments, data storage/protection, marketing, and obtaining insurance if required.
Next, you’ll also want to make sure you are comfortable with what potential clients are agreeing to by seeking out your service (this information can also be found on our Find A Cuddler page):
All touch given and received will be done with non-sexual intent. We are not here to push the boundaries of what is considered platonic, so if you have a question about whether something is appropriate, ask first or simply don’t do it.
A copy of a valid photo ID is required before a session may take place. The safety of our professionals is our number one priority. You are welcome to email email@example.com if you have any questions about what is acceptable.
- A consultation is required prior to your first session with any professional. This will generally take a few minutes or up to an hour. Please ask your professional for details on how they conduct their consultations.
- If you do have a “physical reaction” to the cuddle session, it’s ok. Please ensure you move yourself so that it may dissipate on its own. Any part of your anatomy that is in a state of physical arousal should not be in physical contact with your cuddler. Think baseball, cold showers, Grandpa naked….whatever you need to ensure this does not become a focus of the session.
- A minimum of a tank top and workout shorts are required for all parties. No undergarments/lingerie may be visible. Dress comfortably. Cuddling can get warm, so most people will feel comfortable on top of the covers with shorts/leggings and a t-shirt or tank top. Socks are also recommended if your toes get cold.
- Touch with hands is only allowed outside of swimsuit areas.
- Hands and feet are to remain outside of clothing at all times. This includes not going under shirt sleeves, or moving clothing out of the way to find the skin underneath. If clothing moves out of place, allow the person to move it back themself; this is not an opportunity to push boundaries.
- No kissing of any kind, anywhere is allowed. Yes, even pecks on top of the head or cheek are to be avoided with your cuddle partner.
- Tickling is not appropriate, and if it happens accidentally, it needs to stop immediately.
- Both parties agree to verbalize any unwanted actions, but if you don’t feel comfortable speaking up, either party can “tap out” with 2 quick taps to any appropriate area to indicate all actions should be stopped immediately. We will then reset and discuss any actions that need to be avoided if appropriate.
- All information shared with the professional is considered confidential, and will be held as such, except where required by law including but not limited to threats of suicide or physical harm.
- At the time of a session, both parties are free of colds, open wounds, any anything that may be contagious through skin to skin contact or through bodily fluids. If any cold/allergy symptoms, a papercut or other injury that is covered by a band aid/other dressing is present, I will discuss this before the session begins.
- The professional may give session details including name, location, time and length of session to a 3rd party and may subsequently verify their safety upon completion of the session using a code that will be uniquely used to confirm they are not under duress. If they are unable to provide the code within 1 hour of the session ending, the police may be dispatched to the location of the appointment.
- Prepayment is required prior to beginning any session. If additional time is requested during a session, payment must be made immediately and the 3rd party may need to be updated.
- I will ensure adequate hygiene is obtained to create comfort for both parties including: not wearing any scents (including perfume, cologne, essential oils or the smell of smoke on clothes or skin), teeth brushed prior to appointment, all clothing (and bedding used) will be freshly laundered, and I will be freshly showered.
- The professional reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and will decline any session requests at their discretion.
- You can be a client or a friend, but not both. Your cuddler cares for you and wants to see you happy, healthy and productive. Avoiding codependency is part of that. Please be respectful of your cuddler’s time outside of sessions.
- The professional reserves the right to carry a self defense weapon with them.
- If either party feels unsafe or uncomfortable a session may be stopped at any time, but no refunds will be given regardless of who ends the session or for what reason.
- Certifiedcuddlers.com is a platform for promoting one on one platonic cuddling services and cannot be held responsible for any actions of the businesses listed, property loss that may occur, or for any injuries that may result from the service. I hereby release the company and users from any and all liability (except where required by law) for such incidents.
Lastly, here is the oath that you will sign prior to completing your certification:
As a Certified Cuddler:
- I will use touch based on platonic intention only in all professional interactions.
- I will not allow gender, religion, nationality, race, disability, sexual preference or any other biases to dictate acceptance of clients.
- I will abide by all rules set forth in the certification manual
- I will respect the integrity of the persons with whom I work, holding them in the strictest of confidences.
- I will act with utmost integrity and work in an ethical manner.
- I will, to the best of my ability, not permit shame, judgement or guilt in my interactions.
- I will leave my personal life at home and commit to being present and mindful with each person.
- I will obey and uphold local and international laws in all business activities.
- I will refrain from any business conduct that would reflect adversely upon the best interest of CertfiedCuddlers.com and its ethical standards of practice.
- I understand and will uphold, both in letter and in spirit, the rules and guidelines governing my own conduct and that of my service.
If you have read through and agree to everything above click the Buy Now button below and get started today!
Welcome to the team!
Click “Buy Now” button above to purchase
Online Certification Program